Water Meter Installation Project Update
Please click here for the letter regarding the Water Meter Project and the information related to the installation. For most properties, the actual meter installation is expected to begin and end on the same day.
This is to inform you that the water meter installation project has experienced delays resulting from inclement weather, manufacturer back orders and other circumstances. We anticipate that all water meters will be installed prior to December 31, 2017.
If a water meter was not installed on your property on or before June 30, 2017:
- You will not be charged for metered water volume usage until January 1, 2018.
- Your first metered water volume bill for January 2018 will arrive in February 2018.
- Your annual property tax bill for fiscal year 17/18:
- will include a ½ year unmetered water charge (July-December 2017) at FY16/17 rate.
- will include a ½ year regular “account charge” (January-June 2018) at FY17/18 rate.
If a water meter was installed on your property on or before June 30, 2017, metered water volume charges begin on July 1, 2017 and your first bill should arrive in August 2017.
- Your annual property tax bill for fiscal year 2017/18:
- will not include a water use charge
- will include the regular annual “account charge” at the FY17/18 rate.
Pricing for your new water meter cannot be calculated until completion of the installation project. Additional information concerning billing and payment options will be provided at that time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the District Office at 925-634-1131.
Thank you for your patience.
Town of Discovery Bay
Please click here for the updated Frequently Asked Questions.
Please click here for the Water Meter Project Progress Map.
You can also click here for the Updated Tri-Fold which outlines the different phases for the project.